Monday, January 12, 2009

First!

So this is the first post on my blog, which will probably have a readership of a grand total of me, my husband, and my family if they're bored.  

Reasons for starting the blog:
1) I am unemployed (technically "working on my novel," but you know how that goes...)
2) There are not near enough blogs on the internet all ready
3) The world needs to hear my perspective on grammar errors in national publications, terrible movie reviews, surprising facts discovered on wikipedia, and logical fallacies in commercials.
4) For realz, I hate reading negative, ignorant, "reverse" xenophobic articles, comments, etc. about Nashville (Tennessee, not Illinois).  The real motivation for this came from an inability to rant on the New York Times because they had already closed the comments section for this article.  
5) I am unemployed.

So, we're (I often refer to myself in the collective sense) not going "live" with this quite yet, but when we do, I'll be able to look back at this post and laugh, laugh, cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment